Monday 16 April 2012


In Times Of

by Kit McCallum

My soul drifts aimlessly in times of hopelessness.
It searches tirelessly for meaning and truth ...
Yet finds no direction.


My heart bleeds quietly in times of loneliness.
It yearns to find warmth and happiness ...
Yet it somehow eludes me.

My eyes seek out visions in times of want.
They gaze endlessly through the blackness that envelops them

Yet they cannot see the light.

My ears listen earnestly in times of silence.
They search for familiar sounds to comfort and console ...
Yet they cannot penetrate the darkness that surrounds me.


My arms reach out frantically in times of despair.
They seek strength and compassion to enfold me ...
Yet they find nothing substantial to enwrap.


My mind cries out desperately in times of solitude.
It poses intense questions that demand answers ...
Yet there are none to be found



 
***********************

4 comments:

Azra said...

I hope this is not a reflection of the way your life is going. .
Welcome back btw! Missed your posts!

Fathima said...

Yay! You're back! :)

Very poignant. I guess many people will be able to relate to the emotion the poet depicts.

Sa'dia said...

@ Azra

No, fortunately its not :)..


@ Fathima

Yip, thats true. It's incredible how well the poet has identified the feelings a person goes through in the different circumstances he has mentioned.


Thanks for the comments! :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!